01.5

Logged in and formed up another roam today; the thought was to goto PB and piss off some sys-k but the head fc for corp told me it would be better to move slowly somewhere nearby cause there was an important CTA happening.

We settled on small fast things (Im starting to like speedy fleets) so I got in my malediction with the idea that I'd skirmish and scout. Init had a CTA called for later, and the hope was to setup between GE- and the rest of catch and grab people who were coming from bearing for the sov defence. Fleet was 2x canes, sabre, vagabond, falcon, bomber, malediction and a dramiel.

When we passed into ge- my forward suggested that we go to the station and see what we could catch. Unfortunately when we landed we had nothing on grid with us. Rather than leave though, we had my bomber pilot go sit on the init bridge and the dictor place himself in line for stop bubbles. Then we sat there a while; probably too long since they were able to forumup a counter fleet and even fit out a station hugging snipe Apoc to force me off grid. With two carriers on the undock, vagas, dictors turning up in directional, ceptors undocking and probes showing up on the overview I probably should have bailed much sooner. I think even two jumps up the pipe and we would have not stirred up such a response. People who otherwise wouldn't x up for home defence are much more likely too when there's a station to hide in, lots of logistics and a blue blob around.

I ordered fleet to v-3 gate and to burn off towards the sun. I ran out ahead of them so that they could warp to distance then moved back to the gate. At this point they were toying an eris around us and jumped in a bait drake. For some reason I took the bait and started the fight there. I don't remember exactly what they sent after us, but I ordered a bail and we lost a drake to the dictor bubbles they dropped.

I got the gang safed, asked em into v-3 and then tossed the cane pilot 30m for the loss. From then I spent a few minutes consolidating us back together and got us past ge- safely to hand the fleet over to fc's for CTA action later or to go on another quickie roam if they wanted too.

Today I lost, was a learning experience.

0 Responses to “01.5”:

Leave a comment