01.8

I worked an opening shift at the restaurant today and then had to rush in order to make the economics class I had in the afternoon. Everything was sorted in time, and afterwards my girlfriend even sent me a text asking if I wanted to come over to eat the leftover bourguignon (I taught her how to make it on her birthday). A short negotiation later and we'd decided that it'd be an evening of beer, and steak subs swimming in bourguignon sauce and jalapeƱo cheese. I left around 8 with my belly full and a mind to get some EVE played.

When I got home, gave my dog a hello and got the computer running; I had about 40 minutes to go before the next CTA went out. I should have gotten my Maelstrom sorted out (the hull's been sitting without a fitting for a few days now) but I couldn't get someone to light the cyno chain and guarantee that they could light it on the return trip too. So rather than sort that out, I spun my ship and headed out forty minutes later.

We fought a Sys-k fleet that was trying to incapacitate. a Stain Empire POS in Tpar (aren't they supposed to be deployed north helping out with fountain?)

http://killboard.sys-chaos.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=93858

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=8750632

http://a-kills.com/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=437649

Pro work on the part of the blue dictors. We managed to pin them down for long enough that our main fleet landed and we got a nice even spread of points. Sys-k people who buggered when we landed either got called back in, or else grew a pair and decided not to let their friends die (alone). Several pilots even came back in small ships once they got popped (those I beleaguered by deploying a light set of amarr drones on; I've started carrying them to work against the shield heavy fleets you see allot in blob engagements now). Kudos to all the red pilots who came back for more and to try and help their drowning mates. Got me on almost thirty kills for a half hours work; plus we killed the Ihub. Taking the system proper ought to happen sometime tomorrow.


On the other side of the spectrum, are the people who came to 'help' with fits that only end up insulting everybody involved. Here's a variation of the IT alliance Shield tank apoc; I think I will call it the Sys-k Dual Tank Apoc.


http://killboard.sys-chaos.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=93951


And theres this dude who runs a Neut Buffer Mega with medium guns;


 http://www.a-kills.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=437608 


You've gotta assume that this is a recurring problem when one of the figureheads in your alliance has to spare a mid slot for a ship scanner.

http://www.a-kills.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=437655

On a related but random note; did anyone else get a chance to listen to the leaked sys-k meeting? I almost threw up in my mouth when their 'leaders' muted everyone on comms, called them fagots and then told them that it 'only takes about 36 bombs to kill a carrier'. (For those not familiar with bombs, any more than seven or so, and they blow each other up rendering all the subsequent ones useless and dead to the blast of the first volley).

Now, I've no problem with someone whose got a low level of experience stepping up and trying to get things done (this is eve after all, not a medical practice). But for the love of fucking god;

  1. Show some respect for the people you're supposed to be leading
  2. Don't make an ass of yourself by trying to talk about shit you don't get
 Ideally, apply a generous combination of choices 1 and 2.

The fact that Sys-k leadership suggested that -A- get 'bored in a week' only exacerbated my resolve. Did they not pay attention to who helped them get rid of the goons when they invaded Esoteria? Where they drunk when -A- purged providence? Have they not been paying attention to our four month long campaign against Initiative?  Makes me wanna go invade Period Basis or something. ;)

0 Responses to “01.8”:

Leave a comment